- We REALLY miss John Wall and Nenê.
- The team is certainly a more scrappy, professional outfit. Is that a backhanded compliment? I'm not sure.
- Too early to write things off, but early on, not really feeling Okafor and Ariza, particularly Ariza. I will readily admit to being wrong about something, and while I understood the logic in trading Rashard Lewis for those two, from here it looks like we've just extended the disastrous Gilbert Arenas contract another two years. Actually, Okafor and Ariza's contracts will be up at the same time as Gilbert's now amnestied deal. So did we just basically shuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic here?
- Speaking of trades and potentially dead money, we really need Nenê to get better. His presence on and off the floor have helped, but we certainly haven't seen enough of him playing. Otherwise, this is another long-term albatross of a deal (four years, $52M) that we're on the hook for.
- Bradley Beal has been WAY too passive so far. We need to get him going. I obviously still believe in him, but he HAS to be more aggressive, as opposed to...
- AJ Price. WHAT THE F*#%? I mean this guy has a lot of irrational confidence. Too much, in fact. He's been the exact opposite of Beal. Start Pargo. Sign Shaun Livingston. Hell, start Crawford. Anything, man.
- I like Martell Webster. Horrible end of the game shot against Boston aside, I think bringing him in was a good signing. He needs more clock. He needs to start over Ariza.
- Early on, it seems that the youngster whose minutes are most affected by bringing in all these vets has been Chris Singleton.
- Booker's jumper is improved.
- Kevin Seraphin is our best player. There, I said it. His hook shot is money. He's rebounding and defending even seem improved after one game. I'll talk more about him in a future post, but I stand by that statement thus far.
- I think until we get Wall and Nenê back, we should start Pargo, Beal (yea, still), and Webster with Seraphin and Okafor or Booker and Seraphin.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Two Games, Several Observations
I know I've been quiet for a while, but I'm back now with some quick-hit observations through two games: